Samuel Estevez, 36, suspected of raping three women in Covilha and Fundao since the beginning of the year, will await trial in preventive detention, a judge ruled this Friday after hearing him for several hours.
“The seriousness of the crimes in which he is a repeat offender and the public alarm caused by the rape of a woman in Covilha, which led to the investigation, influenced this decision,” he said CM judicial source. “For the population, especially women, this is a burden off their shoulders. I feel a little safer, but not completely rested. Not only for me, but also for other women in my family,” he says. CM Rosa Estevan, a resident of the outskirts of Jardim do Lago, one of the areas where the sexual attacker, who had already kidnapped, raped and served a prison sentence in the Sintra area, moved to. This feeling is shared by Fatima Quelhas, who admits that she felt “more insecure after hearing the news of a woman being raped in the area.” The SP admits the possibility of new cases and encourages all victims to file complaints.
Author: Alexander Salgueiro
Source: CM Jornal
I’m Dave Martin, and I’m an experienced journalist working in the news industry. As a part of my work, I write for 24 News Reporters, covering mostly sports-related topics. With more than 5 years of experience as a journalist, I have written numerous articles on various topics to provide accurate information to readers.