Judicial police have detained a man “strictly charged with aggravated crimes of sexual abuse of children” in Caminha, Viana do Castelo district, whom the court ordered to keep in custody, it was announced on Tuesday.
In a statement sent to newsrooms, PJ Bragi said “the breaches began in late December 2022 and continued until last week.”
The suspect, aged 51, detained at the scene of the crime “took advantage of existing family relationships and cohabitation with a 10-year-old child,” the report said.
On Monday, the suspect appeared for the first judicial interrogation, applied as a measure of restraint in the form of pre-trial detention.
The note also mentions that “after the facts were reported,” the Judicial Board “carried out several investigative actions and collected significant elements of evidence that made it possible to substantiate the detention of the suspect.”
Author: Portuguese
Source: CM Jornal

I’m Tifany Hawkins, a professional journalist with years of experience in news reporting. I currently work for a prominent news website and write articles for 24NewsReporters as an author. My primary focus is on economy-related stories, though I am also experienced in several other areas of journalism.