Saturday, August 30, 2025

Creating liberating content

Introducing deBridge Finance: Bridging...

In the dynamic landscape of decentralized finance (DeFi), innovation is a constant,...

Hyperliquid Airdrop: Everything You...

The Hyperliquid blockchain is redefining the crypto space with its lightning-fast Layer-1 technology,...

Unlock the Power of...

Join ArcInvest Today: Get $250 in Bitcoin and a 30% Deposit Bonus to...

Claim Your Hyperliquid Airdrop...

How to Claim Your Hyperliquid Airdrop: A Step-by-Step Guide to HYPE Tokens The Hyperliquid...
HomeSportsHospital de Loures...

Hospital de Loures completes investigation into death of elderly man who waited six hours for transfer and sends report to regulator

The Beatrice Angelo Hospital has completed its investigation into the death of an elderly man who allegedly waited six hours to be transferred to another ward, and a report has been sent to the Health Care Regulatory Authority, the institution said this Monday.

According to the department, on August 21, a 93-year-old man with a hip fracture will survive. CMnearly six hours on a stretcher in a Camarate volunteer fire ambulance waiting to be transported to Santa Maria Hospital in the neighboring municipality of Lisbon.

In a media release published this Monday, the board of directors of the Hospital Beatriz Angelo (HBA) in Loures states that “it has already completed the internal investigation process initiated to investigate the facts related to the care provided.” , on this day, to the same user.”

According to the hospital, “the report has already been submitted to the health regulator and it, as well as other elements that make up the investigation process, are now available for consultation to competent authorities who request it.”

An official HBA source contacted by Lusa said that “the hospital will not report the findings” of the investigation, stressing that “it should not do so.”

The HBA source added that, as officially announced on August 22, “the hospital immediately launched an internal investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death” of the user.

In this sense, he appointed two instructors to conduct the investigation, who “as required by the rules, carried out their work absolutely freely, very strictly and diligently”, having access to all the information they considered necessary and all the information they considered necessary . participants who will find it meaningful, he said.

“As a result of this work, which they carried out absolutely freely, diligently, strictly and very in-depth, last week they presented their report and conclusions to the Board of Directors, which the Board of Directors only took note of. “without interfering with any element or conclusion of the same report,” the same source said.

He also stated that on the same day that he became aware of the report, the Board informed the Health Regulatory Authority, which had already expressed an interest in having access to this information when it became available.

“We have completed our intervention in the process, obviously remaining at the disposal of both the health regulator and other competent authorities who require access to the process on all matters they consider necessary and relevant.”

The source confirmed that the findings contained in the report, as well as the elements, evidence and findings that led to those findings, are “fully available for review and consultation by the competent authorities, including ERS, who have expressed this interest.”

“The hospital and its board of directors now quietly await the development of the work of these other structures, which will also carry out their work with complete freedom and independence,” he concluded.

Author: Lusa
Source: CM Jornal

Get notified whenever we post something new!

Continue reading