Sunday, August 31, 2025

Creating liberating content

Introducing deBridge Finance: Bridging...

In the dynamic landscape of decentralized finance (DeFi), innovation is a constant,...

Hyperliquid Airdrop: Everything You...

The Hyperliquid blockchain is redefining the crypto space with its lightning-fast Layer-1 technology,...

Unlock the Power of...

Join ArcInvest Today: Get $250 in Bitcoin and a 30% Deposit Bonus to...

Claim Your Hyperliquid Airdrop...

How to Claim Your Hyperliquid Airdrop: A Step-by-Step Guide to HYPE Tokens The Hyperliquid...
HomeWorldCofina confirms Cristiano...

Cofina confirms Cristiano Ronaldo’s MBO offer and asks for 60 days for analysis

Cristiano Ronaldo is “very excited” at the prospect of becoming a Cofina Media shareholder, according to Jornal de Negócios this Friday. “The prospect of investing in the media in your country, in a leading project” is very stimulating for the player, assures a source close to Cristiano Ronaldo, who is quoted by the publication.

The reaction comes after official confirmation by Cofina Media CEO Luis Santana that the star player will become Cofina Media’s benchmark shareholder with a stake of around 30% in an ongoing “management buyout” (MBO) process. .

“Cristiano Ronaldo, the best football player of all time, an outstanding athlete and a reference Portuguese that we as a nation should be proud of, with values ​​​​of exactingness, rigor, work and resilience, participates in a large media project that shares the same values, naturally will always be a source of great satisfaction and pride for the team that develops Cofina Media’s Management Buyout for presentation to shareholders,” said the CEO of Cofina Media, the group that owns Correio da Manhã. , CMTV, Record newspaper, Sábado magazine, TV Guia and Jornal de Negócios.

However, after the release of the news, CMVM decided to suspend trading in Cofina shares. The company responded with a statement confirming receipt of a binding offer to acquire all shares representing its capital, signed by Ana Diaz and Luis Santana (Director of cofina Media) and Octavio Ribeiro (former editorial CEO), who will be joined by a group of investors. The offer includes a price based on an “enterprise value” of 75 million euros, subject to conditions and adjustments.

Cofina also discloses in the statement that it is in the preliminary stages of evaluating the Proposal and the Bid and has requested a unilaterally extended period of 60 days to review it.

Author: Vanessa Fidalgo
Source: CM Jornal

Get notified whenever we post something new!

Continue reading

The head of the Abkhazian Foreign Ministry assessed the relations between Russia and Georgia

It is in Abkhazia's interest to develop relations between Russia and Georgia, Abkhaz Foreign Minister Sergei Shamba said at a briefing on September 3."I think it is in our interest to see things develop normally. I do not believe...

The head of the Abkhazian Foreign Ministry called on the Russian Federation to consider how to improve relations with the Russian Federation

Abkhaz political forces need to think together about how to improve relations with Russia, which have begun to deteriorate, Abkhaz Foreign Minister Sergei Shamba said at a briefing on September 3.He commented on a document that appeared on social...

Sports Minister Degtyarev punished a State Duma deputy for changing citizenship

State Duma deputies who previously changed their sports citizenship are disgusting, Russian Sports Minister Mikhail Degtyarev said on September 4 during a speech at the EEF-2024 forum.Degtyarev said he was not against Russian athletes taking part in international competitions...