Sunday, August 31, 2025

Creating liberating content

Introducing deBridge Finance: Bridging...

In the dynamic landscape of decentralized finance (DeFi), innovation is a constant,...

Hyperliquid Airdrop: Everything You...

The Hyperliquid blockchain is redefining the crypto space with its lightning-fast Layer-1 technology,...

Unlock the Power of...

Join ArcInvest Today: Get $250 in Bitcoin and a 30% Deposit Bonus to...

Claim Your Hyperliquid Airdrop...

How to Claim Your Hyperliquid Airdrop: A Step-by-Step Guide to HYPE Tokens The Hyperliquid...
HomeWorldQatar warns gas...

Qatar warns gas supplies are affected by Houthi attacks

Qatar, one of the world’s largest exporters of liquefied natural gas, warned on Wednesday that its supplies were being affected by ongoing attacks by Houthi rebels on shipping in the Red Sea.

QatarEnergy’s statement came on the same day an explosion was reported near a ship sailing off the coast of Yemen, although no damage or injuries were reported, according to the British military.

No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack, but suspicion immediately fell on Yemen’s Houthi rebels.

The Houthis carry out their attacks in the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea, paralyzing international shipping. This is the route that Asia and the Middle East need to transport cargo and energy to Europe.

However, Qatar, which acted as a mediator in the war between Hamas and Israel, has yet to have any of its ships attacked.

In a statement, state-owned QatarEnergy said its “production continues uninterrupted” and its “commitment to ensuring reliable LNG supplies to customers remains unwavering.”

“While current events in the Red Sea region may impact the schedule of some shipments as they take alternative routes, LNG supplies from Qatar are controlled by our valued customers,” the statement said.

QatarEnergy’s cargo now travels around the Cape of Good Hope in Africa, increasing travel times, the statement said.

Meanwhile, UK Maritime Trade Operations, the organization that monitors the waterways of the Middle East and is controlled by the British military, today reported an explosion near the Bab al-Mandeb Strait off Yemen.

The explosion occurred about 100 meters from the ship, but caused no damage and the crew were safe, the British said.

The Houthis have been attacking ships since November due to Israel’s war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip. Yemeni rebels say the attacks are carried out in solidarity with Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

The US and UK have carried out a series of airstrikes on suspected storage and launch sites for missiles used by the Houthis in Yemen to attack ships.

Author: Lusa
Source: CM Jornal

Get notified whenever we post something new!

Continue reading

The head of the Abkhazian Foreign Ministry assessed the relations between Russia and Georgia

It is in Abkhazia's interest to develop relations between Russia and Georgia, Abkhaz Foreign Minister Sergei Shamba said at a briefing on September 3."I think it is in our interest to see things develop normally. I do not believe...

The head of the Abkhazian Foreign Ministry called on the Russian Federation to consider how to improve relations with the Russian Federation

Abkhaz political forces need to think together about how to improve relations with Russia, which have begun to deteriorate, Abkhaz Foreign Minister Sergei Shamba said at a briefing on September 3.He commented on a document that appeared on social...

Sports Minister Degtyarev punished a State Duma deputy for changing citizenship

State Duma deputies who previously changed their sports citizenship are disgusting, Russian Sports Minister Mikhail Degtyarev said on September 4 during a speech at the EEF-2024 forum.Degtyarev said he was not against Russian athletes taking part in international competitions...