Saturday, August 30, 2025

Creating liberating content

Introducing deBridge Finance: Bridging...

In the dynamic landscape of decentralized finance (DeFi), innovation is a constant,...

Hyperliquid Airdrop: Everything You...

The Hyperliquid blockchain is redefining the crypto space with its lightning-fast Layer-1 technology,...

Unlock the Power of...

Join ArcInvest Today: Get $250 in Bitcoin and a 30% Deposit Bonus to...

Claim Your Hyperliquid Airdrop...

How to Claim Your Hyperliquid Airdrop: A Step-by-Step Guide to HYPE Tokens The Hyperliquid...
HomeWorldAt least six...

At least six dead and 50 injured when a stage collapses during an electoral rally in Mexico

According to initial information, the tragedy was caused by strong wind. The presidential candidate Álvarez Máynez, who was holding a campaign closing event, has suspended his political events.

At least six people have died and around fifty have been injured by the collapse of a stage during a rally at the event of closing of electoral campaign of the party Citizen movement in the municipality of San Pedro Garza García, in the state of Nuevo León, in northern Mexico.

The governor of Nuevo León, Samuel García, has reported from the scene of “the tragedy” the balance of victims, which is preliminary, and has indicated that the injured have different types of injuries, some in Serious condition and others mild.

“I regret the accident in San Pedro Garza García, caused by strong wind during the event attended by Jorge Álvarez Máynez, candidate for the Presidency of the Citizen Movement and other militants, leaders and candidates of that party,” said the Mexican president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, through his profile on the social network .

The president, who has indicated that he is in contact with the governor, has stated that he “is attentive” to the information coming from the scene of the events and has sent a “hug to family members, friends of the victims and supporters of that organization.” “.

For his part, the presidential candidate has indicated that he has been transferred to the hospital, although he is “well and in communication with state authorities to follow up on what happened.” “The only important thing right now is to care for the victims of the accident,” he said.

Shortly afterwards, Álvarez Máynez indicated that the members of his team who were injured were being treated at the hospital, while he went back to the scene of the incident to accompany the victims. “I will be there until the last injured person is taken to a hospital,” he added.

“I have informed my team that my visit to Tlaxcala and Hidalgo (states in the center of the country) tomorrow is suspended, as well as all campaign activities. I have also suspended my return flight. I will be in Nuevo León at pending the situation and the victims,” ​​he announced.

Source: Eitb

Get notified whenever we post something new!

Continue reading

The head of the Abkhazian Foreign Ministry assessed the relations between Russia and Georgia

It is in Abkhazia's interest to develop relations between Russia and Georgia, Abkhaz Foreign Minister Sergei Shamba said at a briefing on September 3."I think it is in our interest to see things develop normally. I do not believe...

The head of the Abkhazian Foreign Ministry called on the Russian Federation to consider how to improve relations with the Russian Federation

Abkhaz political forces need to think together about how to improve relations with Russia, which have begun to deteriorate, Abkhaz Foreign Minister Sergei Shamba said at a briefing on September 3.He commented on a document that appeared on social...

Sports Minister Degtyarev punished a State Duma deputy for changing citizenship

State Duma deputies who previously changed their sports citizenship are disgusting, Russian Sports Minister Mikhail Degtyarev said on September 4 during a speech at the EEF-2024 forum.Degtyarev said he was not against Russian athletes taking part in international competitions...