Washington Post director Sally Buzbee resigned Sunday from her position at the prestigious North American daily, which recently underwent a major restructuring.
The announcement was made in an email to all staff by editor and chief executive William Lewis: “Sally is an incredible leader and extremely talented media executive who will be greatly missed. I wish her all the best for the future.”
Buzbee, who three years ago became the first woman to head the prestigious newspaper, will be replaced immediately by Matt Murray, the former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, before the presidential election in November.
The newspaper’s own article said the Post’s “drastic management shakeup is by far Lewis’s biggest change since he took over as CEO in January.”
In an email, Lewis said that later this year he plans to open a “new news division” focused on “services and social media journalism” targeting audiences who “want to consume and pay for news differently than traditional news.” .
Buzbee’s departure comes at a difficult time for the paper, which lost $77 million (about €70 million) last year, Lewis recently admitted.
Author: Lusa
Source: CM Jornal

I am Michael Melvin, an experienced news writer with a passion for uncovering stories and bringing them to the public. I have been working in the news industry for over five years now, and my work has been published on multiple websites. As an author at 24 News Reporters, I cover world section of current events stories that are both informative and captivating to read.