The IAEA proposal to establish a security zone around the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant met with discontent among UN leaders due to the position of IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi, who said that the nuclear power plant should not be attacked, Renat Karchaa, adviser to the Director General of Rosenergoatom Concern, said in a May 1 comment to TASS.
The Russian nuclear scientist called Grossi one of the only international organizations that is really trying to resolve the crisis around the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant and is making real efforts to do so. He assessed the role and capacity of the UN in this matter extremely low.
“In my opinion, it was not Grossi’s lack of efforts that caused the discontent, but his open and public statement that the nuclear plant must not be shot at and that any calls to seize the plant must be severely suppressed.”Karchaa said.
Remember that The Wall Street Journal previously wrote that Grossi’s plan for a security zone around the ZNPP was regarded in the UN Secretary General’s office as a failure.
Source: Rossa Primavera

I am Michael Melvin, an experienced news writer with a passion for uncovering stories and bringing them to the public. I have been working in the news industry for over five years now, and my work has been published on multiple websites. As an author at 24 News Reporters, I cover world section of current events stories that are both informative and captivating to read.