Forest sappers will receive more support, rising from 45,000 euros a year per team to 55,000 euros, precisely because of inflation, the government announced this Thursday.
Environment and Climate Action Minister Duarte Cordeiro said at the end of the weekly Council of Ministers meeting that three wildfire-related diplomas had been approved, one of which changes the legal regime applied to wildfires.
The support for teams is strengthened, and the function of the groups is also strengthened, for example, through greater flexibility in intervention areas.
According to the minister, another of the approved diplomas concerns the extension of municipal forest protection plans until the end of next year.
Other exemptions already provided for forest intervention in high-risk situations were also approved.
Exceptions are emergency work on fires, the use of equipment for urgent work, such as supplying water or electricity, and work on the main and secondary lines of the network for fuel management.
The third diploma, according to the minister, is related to what he called the second generation of program contracts of federations representing common lands, after the first contract worth 3.6 million euros, when 19 groups of common lands were formed, in which more than 100,000 hectares participated .
According to the minister, the second generation will cost 5.4 million euros.
Last month in Mondim de Basto, Duarte Cordeiro already announced that the government intends to “quickly” sign program contracts for the succession of 19 groups of common lands, with the possibility of creating up to 10 more, in funding of 5.4 million euros by 2026.
“We intend to quickly sign these contracts, but develop in the perspective of greater stability. In other words, we really want to move to the basis of multi-year contracts,” said Duarte Cordeiro.
The signing of program contracts is required by organizations, namely the National Federation of baldios (baladi), based in Vila Real, which since 2019 consists of 10 groups, including 55 baldios and 57,184 hectares.
When asked about the date of signing the program contracts, the minister replied that work was underway to complete the process “this semester”.
Author: Portuguese
Source: CM Jornal

I am Michael Melvin, an experienced news writer with a passion for uncovering stories and bringing them to the public. I have been working in the news industry for over five years now, and my work has been published on multiple websites. As an author at 24 News Reporters, I cover world section of current events stories that are both informative and captivating to read.